The Second Screeners is back after a somewhat lengthy hiatus, and we are re-tooling the flow of the show and the topics we are choosing to cover. We’re still fine tuning a few things, but Ryan and I will be releasing new episodes regularly with a different format and flow. The website will be getting a revamp soon as well!
In this episode, we cover the re-launch of GetGlue as TV Tag and much more!
On The Road Back
We’ve been working on some other projects, some that we discuss in this episode. It’s been a while, but we’re ready to jump back in and cover the TV and Film topics that we are passionate about and feel are worthy of discussion.
New format tinkering
- Some experiments with new segments!
- More ways for you to talk to us – interactive style!
- Exciting interviews with important people!
- More Tim and Ryan talking about stuff!
- Funny Memes! Well funny to us anyway.
- More Engagement!
- Star Wars episode VII is coming
- Marvel films are big. Can DC catch up?
Hashtags of the week
TV shows we are watching and liking
(shows we like for 2014)
- The Following season 2 – say what?
- The Blacklist – wasn’t sure at first… now? Soooo good!
- Almost Human – very cool buddy cop show
- Intelligence – okay maybe not
- Helix – liked it so much we started a new podcast!
Awards season is here!
Movies We Want To See
- The Lego Movie February 7
- Robocop!!! February 12
- Disney’s Maleficent May 30
- Yahoo! shuttered Into_Now techcrunch.com
- Google gives Motorola Mobility to Lenovo? #MotoLenovo cnet.com
You may also like
- The Croods was just added to Netflix
- Documentary – Black Fish (Netflix)
- Continuum season 2
- War docu-drama film Red Baron
- 3D features on Netflix
Kid news as told by parental units
Stuff we wish we were watching if only TV were our full time job
Tim: Sleepy Hollow, Downton Abbey
Creepy vs Magic
Ryan: Slow TV
We’d love to hear what you’re watching (good or bad), what are you most excited about that is coming soon, and your thoughts on the stories we shared this week! Let us know what you think of the show! Comment below! Leave us a voice message by clicking “Send a Voice Message” on the top of the right sidebar of this page!
Subscribe in iTunes or listen on Stitcher Smart radio via the links on the right sidebar!
Stay tuned, new episodes come out weekly, and new content will be shared on the site regularly! Is there a topic for an upcoming show you’d like us to cover, want to join us as a guest? Let us know!
Most of all, thank you so much for listening!
About the Second Screeners
The Second Screeners is a podcast hosted by Tim Arthur and Ryan Boyles dedicated to discussing Social TV and discussing how “the way we watch is changing.” Each episode discusses topics, insights, current stuff, social TV, fan engagement and whatever is interesting.