This week, hosts Tim Arthur and Ryan Boyles talk with Jess Bowers, developer of the terrific Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows app, Ryan shares his mini-review of The Amazing Spider Man, AMC’s Walking Dead marathon, and more! . Listen above!
What We’re Watching
Ryan – UEFA Euro 2012 Soccer, X-Games, Supernatural, Independence Day
Tim – Louie, 21 Jump St
- Audience Poll: Where do you spend your “Social TV” time? – coming soon
- Check out Social TV news stories – do any pop out?
- Happy Fourth of July everyone – Instagram social holiday trends – 60K #independenceday vs 231K #4thofjuly
- Netflix marked a major milestone in June with 1 BILLION hours of streamed video. – via @ReadWriteWeb
- Comic-con coming July 12-15, 2012!!!
- Where is best streaming coverage?
- What is the best second screen viewing?
- NBC app has a channel.
- Spike TV + Nerdist streaming coverage.
- Walking Dead issue #100 comic book making a special release!
- AMC: Walking Dead Marathon (and Ep 1 in B&W) with Talking Dead / Behind the Scenes on Season 3
- ??The marathon kicks off on July 7 at 11:30 a.m. EST and concludes Sunday evening with a sneak peek at season three, along with a “black and-white” re-airing of the show’s original pilot episode.
- #13 DaysofDead AMC twitter contest
- Streaming: Bruce Lee rediscovered – Enter the Dragon – Ryan and his kids’ comments (also marathon on G4)
- Amazing Spider-man mini-review – Ryan plus his kids’ comments
Apps / Tech
- Spider-man Augmented Reality Apps – From Marketing to Books – ask for listeners feedback / experience. How do they extend this past the promo?
Special Guest Jess Bowers
Developer of Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows iPad app
- Great write up on the app:
- Get the app in the iTunes App Store at:
- Where is this movement going?
- Syncing technologies (audio vs wi-fi)
- What are the features that people really like?
- Does this differ between properties or studios / shows vs networks?
- One K studios – works across studios
Follow Jess on twitter:
- The Dark Knight Rises midnight premiere reminder – teaser – 3:30AM IMAX slot added to Southpoint!!
- IMAX for Southpoint is sold out!!
What’s Coming Up?
- Debate preview: When are kids old enough for PG-13 and Doesn’t it seem big budget PG-13 event movies get away with a lot – when they really should be R?
We’d love to hear what you have been watching and engaging with in social tv apps! Let us know what you think of the show! Comment below! Leave us a voice message by clicking “Leave Us a Message” on the right sidebar of this page!
Subscribe in iTunes or listen on Stitcher Smart radio via the links on the right sidebar!
Stay tuned, new episodes come out every Friday, and new content will be appearing on the site regularly! Is there a topic for an upcoming show you’d like us to cover, want to join us as a guest? Let us know!
Most of all, thank you so much for listening!